Commercial heating and cooling systems are designed to meet demanding standards, but they aren’t designed to run forever. After they are installed, they need regular maintenance to maintain optimal performance and avoid air conditioning repair in Chicago.
For many business owners, the need for reliable cooling starts in the spring. With a preseason tuneup, you can ensure your commercial HVAC system will be ready when the summer heat arrives in Lake Zurich. Commercial maintenance plans include a number of specialized checks as high-capacity cooling systems tend to be more complex, often relying on over 100 parts working together.
It’s well known that preventive HVAC maintenance can reduce energy use by up to 20 percent, and the improvements cost very little to implement. By completing these tasks, air conditioning repair experts can reduce your commercial cooling costs by 10 percent or more.
- Measure refrigerant levels and look for contaminants
- Lubricate and tighten moving parts
- Test sensors, valves, and shutoff switches
- Test the economizers that reduce energy use
- Inspect the thermostat for proper operation
- Monitor the operating pressure and check for leaks
- Balance the airflow and seal air leaks
Objectives of Springtime AC Maintenance
Preseason checkups require an investment and let you reap considerable savings. If you’re considering upgrading your system, spring is also a good time to have your commercial boiler or heating system serviced.